Saturday, November 12, 2005

Taking Children To Visit Parents In Prison?

Should we or shouldn't we? Iv'e asked myself over and over again and something keeps telling me it's just not a great idea. Although J & K are aware of where their father is at this time, I don't see a prison visiting area appropriate for children. And then I think, 'What if it were me in there, I would hope that my someone brought my daughters to see me, even if it were only once'. So, I've decided that I'm going to take them tomorrow morning to see their dad. He is my brother, although he has major issues he needs to deal with in life, at least this visit he will be sober and may actaully enjoy seeing his 2 oldest children that I have had legal guardianship of for 3 years now. And then again, that is no justification for my reasoning to take them to see him now, is it? So I'm reassuiring myself that my reasoning will be that he is my little brother and he does have a birthday coming up and then Christmas and he won't be around for any of it, (not that is isn't his own fault, because it is, and not that he really has been the in the past) But I feel a little sorry for him for missing all of it again. (he missed it 2 years ago as well while serving his first term) And on another note, there is no one else paying him a visit any time soon either.

I have read and read again all visiting guidelines, not like I would be breaking anything, but just so I am educated in the whole process. I have never visited at a prison before and I don't know what to expect other than information I have been reading.

So, I guess I'm asking for some prayers and a 'good luck' that our trip goes well and any feedback from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Ok now I'm going to get ready to go Christmas shopping and put some stuff on lay-away! Cause Eric should be home from work soon and Santa Claus is coming to town soon!

1 comment:

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

hey chick good luck I will say a pray tonight. call me later and let me know how it goes what do the kids think ar they nervous or excited does j. even want to go. hope it all goes well.