Monday, July 03, 2006

Our vacation......

Was great! ( I was a little worried at first because our whole drive their it rained off and in with lightning storms, but once we got into San Diego, it had cleared up)
I throughly enjoyed our little getaway. ~day 1~The zoo was our first trip and the kids liked it. J complained a but about it being boring at times and we just reminded that not everything we do revolves around what HE wants to do. (my goodness, can't they just be grateful for what they DO get?) anyways, he got over that and our day with the animals was fun. K loved meeting Pumbaa (from the Lion King, as you can see below, LOL) And the koalas looked like stuffed animals hanging on a branch to me....they are very cute.

Do they all have something in common or what? I LOVE the one of E behind the mask! I could of just left them all there at the zoo since they fit in so well! HEHEHE!!!


~day 2~The day I got too much sun....We went down to the beach and played in the water, which the kiddies REALLY like. The beach kinda scares me cause of the undertow and stuff and J likes to go out far and I'm such a paranoid freak of an aunt and wouldn't let him go out that far. They really had fun though and E took K out pretty far too, far enough to where the waves would knock her down with E right behind her catching her, don't worry, I WAS watching every moment. Then we walked up the pier (which was forever long) and the kiddies were amazed at how people were catching fish and they asked a bunch of questions and watched em bait their polls and cast em out and stuff. It was very hot and even though i used sun block, I still got a bit burned. Mostly on my face and head but not too bad. (I wore ball cap for the rest of our trip) E buried them in the sand and K made friends with some kids that had a lot of sand toys so she played with them for a while too while J and E went out further in the waves!
One of my favorite past times (along with E) was when we got to hang out in the spa-pool at our hotel and relax. Especially after our long busy days, it was really nice to come back and relax in the jacuzzi. The kiddies went back and forth from the pool to the spa too and they loved this time as well. We met many nice people, One of which I exchanged emails with and I'm gonna forward my links to my blogs. She and her god-daughter were there from Albequerky, NM and K and J made friends with her god daughter right away and everytime we were at the hotel or down at the pool, they all played together. (Hi Pam & Hailey) I got several pics of all them swimming and stuff that I will send to them. I also have some of favorite pics over on my photo blog so please check them out if you wish......
~day 3~ Sea World was the best! It was so much fun and we loved all the shows and stuff. The kiddies loved it when they got to feed the dolphins and sea lions. That was really cool. K literally fell overwhen Shamu first came up from the water when the show first started. We sat in the 2nd row (yes, in the SOAK ZONE, and YES we got SOAKED, which means I did not get a lot of pics during this show cause I was keeping my camera protected and hidden in its case the majority f the show. That was fine though, to see the look on the kiddies faces was priceless to me and I will never forget that! Definitely the BEST show there, incredible!
Oh yeah- K was EXACTLY 42 inches so she got to go on everything that Sea World had to offer.....AND she did too~! She is so fearless when is comes to stuf like that but bring up a flying insect and forget it man- she's a big scaredy cat! So we got to go on roller coaster there, The Journey to Atlantis that I also got SOAKED on-Me and J sat in the front and E and K were behind us and we all went on Shipwreck Rapids together that I also got SOAKED on. We made it to all the shows except for one and saw and rode on everything they had. By the time we left at closing, we were exhausted. We had a blast at Sea World! We drove thru Taco Bell and went bavk to our room and went down to the jacuzzi and pool for about an hour and a half before hitting the hay! This only took about 5 minutes after they hit their pillows!
~day 4~ was our 2 hour harbor cruise tour and we had to get all packed up and ready to head home before we drove down to the harbor to board our ship. It was really fun and the kids were a little scared at first and K kept asking if we were gonna sink. We got to see sea lions living in the wild and the coast of Mexico, the San Diego bridge that separated us from Mexico and several battle ships and stuff. Very neat experience. The same cruise ships do dinner cruises and champagne brunch cruises which E and I may do some day by ourselves! We stood on top during pur first hour then we went inside and E and I had a beer and the kiddies got a snack and they danced on the dance floor that they had on one of floors of the ship. They had a lot of fun. Then we walked around Sea Port Village and looked at the pirate ships and several battleship runways and stuff before heading back to the van to head for home.........

One our way home we hit major traffic then we found out that there was a brush fire on the side of the freeway and the freeway had been shut down. It took us over twice as long to get home as it did for us to get there. So we are finally home now and I have started unpacking all the clothes and started the laundry.

Tomorrow I have invited Davids mom and dad over for a BBQ with us for the 4th and they are coming. I think it will be nice that they don't spend the 4th alone. And since during the hospital shift changes, no visitors are allowed, which are between 6 and 8, they can be here with us having BBQ and they won't be but a few minutes from the hospital so they can return to their son after shift changes.

~Thanks to everyones nice comments from my previous post about David and his parents~

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO EVERYONE AND PLEASE BE SAFE IN WHATEVER YOU DO!!!

5 comments:

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

Ilove the monkey look alikes you should of left htem there
LOL
well I am glad you guys had fun. Hey youknow you call while you are on vacation I miss talking to you

we should go out in a couple of weeks k

Debby said...

i love your pics....
I am so glad you had a good time, it really does help toget away from it all, my vacation wasmuch needed and Icame back a much different person.
Love his hair cut too...

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Your vacation is gonna be similar to ours! We are haeding out to Orange County next week for a couple of days. Then on to San diego for a couple of days before heading on in to Moreno Valley! I can't wait to be back home again!

MarylandMommy said...

Looks like mucho FUN!!!!

Avery's mom said...

man, I feel exhausted just reading about your trip! you guys were busy and got alot of fun in the sun..... great pictures too! i love the sea lions just chillin out.
glad you had a great time